Bosch’s Mastertech VCI (M-VCI) scan tool now provides greatly expanded, in-depth vehicle coverage especially for European vehicles with its powerful new ESI[tronic] 2.0 diagnostic software, which complements the scan tools’ award winning Mastertech Scan Test software.
“Combined with M-VCI’s flexibility and ease of operation, this software powerhouse gives the technician an unparalleled diagnostic and service resource for multiple vehicles, with one common interface,” said Ravi Subramanyan, senior product manager for Bosch Diagnostics Business Unit.
“The M-VCI’s dynamic ESI[tronic] 2.0 diagnostic software features extensive coverage for Domestic, Asian – including Korean – and European vehicles, and includes a one- year subscription for software updates, while the Mastertech Shop Foreman Pro Scan Test software provides coverage for 1996 and newer Asian and Domestic vehicles.”
“ESI[tronic] 2.0 enhances the vehicles diagnostics experience by providing the technician trouble shooting instructions, vehicle maintenance schedules and technical service bulletins when they are available, “ he said.
The ESI[tronic] 2.0 diagnostic software provides:
• Accurate and easy automatic vehicle Identification
• Pulls OBD II codes with 4 clicks!
• Quick module status check of the vehicle network
• Extensive bi-directional controls for engine, body and chassis systems
• Intuitive system menus to speed diagnostics
• Wide range of functions, including
• Auto brake bleed test
• Bi-directional controls for engine, body and chassis systems
• Steering wheel angle reset
• Maintenance light reset
• Electronic Stability Control test
• Electronic throttle programming
• Tire pressure sensor ID programming
ESI[tronic] 2.0 diagnostic software in the M-VCI provides technical support for tester operations via technical hotline, and a free one-year diagnostic software subscription with the purchase of the M-VCI scan tool. The software covers Chrysler, Ford and General Motors domestic vehicles, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Scion, Acura and Infiniti Asian vehicles, and Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Volvo, Volkswagen, and Smart Car European vehicles.
A complete PC-based mobile diagnostics solution developed specifically for North America, the M-VCI scan tool features:
• Industry-standard SAE J1962 16-pin connector with no special “keys” or adapters required for OBD II vehicles
• Operates with a Windows PC through either 802.11 wireless, Ethernet or USB connection
• Fully OBD II compliant, including Controller Area Network (CAN) protocols
• Includes USB WiFi adapter that offers innovative and simple wireless connectivity to the M-VCI and allows internet access while performing vehicle diagnostics
• J2534 compliant with OEM ECU reprogramming applications for Ford, General Motors and Honda vehicles
• Designed for new M-VCI vehicle software architecture utilizing M-VCI D-PDU API (ISO-22900-2)
The M-VCI is sold in 2 ways:
• M-VCI Trio Package consists of the M-VCI scan tool bundled with a laptop PC and USB wireless adapter. This turn key solution provides pre-installed software for immediate use with no special set up or programming required.
• VCI 2 package which includes the M-VCI scan tool and USB wireless adapter with software that can be loaded on an existing PC.