Engineers at Elgin Industries say they have established a new standard in performance push rod technology with an exclusive line of thick-wall one-piece rods that enable performance engine builders to achieve significantly higher dynamic loads and RPM.
New Elgin Pro-Stock push rods are manufactured from aircraft-quality 4130 seamless steel tube with wall thicknesses of 0.137-in. (3/8-in. diameter rods) and 0.106-in. (5/16-in. diameter rods), providing stiff tubular-constructed push rods in the performance industry. Conventional one-piece performance push rods feature 0.080-in. wall thickness.
Elgin says that, in addition to increased wall thicknesses, Elgin Pro-Stock parts offer an array of advanced construction, machining and other enhancements to maximize wear resistance, strength and performance:
* Radius ends are hard-turned following heat treatment for superior surface-shape profile tolerance and finish;
* 220-degree radius ends for increased rocker travel;
* Fully hardened within Elgin’s world-class heat-treat facilities for extreme wear resistance and strength;
* Centerless ground for unsurpassed geometric precision;
* Corrosion-resistant black oxide coating formulated for performance applications.